Monday, September 26, 2011

Religion or Relationship?

MARY ELLEN GILLILANDP. O. Box 499
Silverthorne, Colorado 80498
www.comingofhisglory.com
www.zoebooks.com

Religion or Relationship?

September 26, 2011
Oh, God, be God!
   It is a simple prayer but a powerful one that I want to hear from My people. I want the most simple and basic -- but also the most important -- acknowledgment that I AM God.
   This is a given, right? No, wrong! For My people substitute idols for the living God, even those in the church, those deeply committed and dedicated to religious ways. They find solace and comfort in doing religious works when I long for them to find solace and comfort in Me. They gain personal significance by their faithfulness to their church, and fulfillment of their obligations there, when I want a vibrant, loving faithfulness to Me as a Person.
   Don't fall into this trap. It is a snare of the enemy. You are vulnerable to this. Your thinking, that is, your almost-unconscious background thought stream, will go in this direction if you are not alert and careful.

No comments: